4 Early Signs You Need Mold Removal Services

Posted on: 22 October 2021

Most homeowners who have never encountered a nasty mold infestation at home may mistake it for something simple and easy-to-eradicate. The closest you probably came to seeing mold is when the bread overstayed in the fridge, and the gray growth only indicated it was time to throw it away. Unknown to many homeowners, mold can take residence in your house and cause many issues, including health challenges. Therefore, it is essential to watch out for the early signs of the infestation and schedule mold removal services.

1. Bizarre Smells From Your HVAC

One subtle indicator that you may have a mold problem at home is when you notice a bad smell coming from your heating and air conditioning system. Leaky air conditioners are particularly notorious for creating the right conditions for mold growth.

You will likely encounter mold growth if you have installed the system in dark and heated rooms or the basement. In addition, the musty smell emanating from your HVAC is certainly a call for inspection and mold removal services.

2. Persistent Flu

Have you been battling flu or a cold that won't go for weeks? For some reason, the flu symptoms intensify when you stay indoors. This is because mold produces toxins that trigger respiratory issues, such as a runny nose or coughing that doesn't seem to go away. If you are asthmatic, you may also start to experience frequent asthma attacks despite following the doctor's instructions. If you resonate with this situation, there are high chances that you have a mold problem at home. Consider calling the experts to confirm your suspicions and remove the mold right away.

3. Dark Stains and Spots on Walls or Ceiling

Mold growth is notorious for reducing house structures' appeal. The fungi appear in various colors, such as black, gray, or green. When growing on your bright-colored walls, they are conspicuous and hard to ignore. You might try to wash away the stains, but they keep coming back bolder and bushier. Don't wait until the stains cover all your walls, making it hard to remove the mold and restore the wall. Instead, get in touch with the experts to plan an immediate mold removal service.

4. Using a Humidifier Too Frequently

While high moisture content in the air can be good for your skin, it creates the perfect conditions for mold growth. A humidifier can encourage the fungi to grow when used too frequently. Once in a while, you should use a dehumidifier to control the moisture content in your indoor air. If it is too late, call in for mold removal first.

If you have noticed any of these signs in your home, the odds are high that you have a mold problem. Test your home to confirm your suspicions and contact a service like Disaster Masters for further assistance.